A few weeks ago we released an episode of The Unlimited Podcast focused on bonds and bond investing featuring Richard Usher-Jones from Canso Investment Counsel, a $35 billion+ fixed income manager. In just a few weeks, that podcast has become one of our most played episodes and we have received significant positive feedback on the first half dedicated specifically to a “Bonds 101” lesson. So we extracted that section and created this bonus episode: Bonds… Just Bonds.
For those who aren’t very familiar with bonds or may want a refresher, for children, for teachers,…this is the episode for you!
This episode covers:
- The bond market versus the equity market
- What is a bond?
- Coupon payments and “clipping coupons”
- Who issues bonds?
- What determines a bond’s interest rate, or yield?
- The relationship between bond prices and interest rates
- What are bond ratings?
- Who has the highest bond ratings?
- Investing in “junk” bonds
- Which is safer: bonds or equities?
- What is the yield curve?
- And more…
If you like what you hear, please don’t hesitate to rate us kindly. And if there are particular topics you’d like covered, please let us know.